The history of the church in Włochy dates back to the Middle Ages; it is known that the church already existed in the second half of the 13th century, but the parish was not founded until 1488. During the Reformation, despite the fact that the local citizens were Catholics, the church was taken over by Protestants. At the time, the church and the parish were named after St Nicholas, but the church was not dedicated to its current patron until several centuries later when the masonry church was built. The fate of the wooden church was tragic, as it burned down twice: first in the 17th century during the Thirty Years’ War, and then again in 1927. Just two years after the second fire, the new masonry parish church was built and dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Inside the church you can see the historical pipe organ, which is known for its deep and solemn sound and whose fame reaches far beyond the region,. The pipe organ has 18 stops, controlled by two manual keyboards and a pedal. The instrument was expertly made in 1930 by the Rieger company from the town of Krnov (currently located in the Czech Republic).